Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Pixie Stix Couture

What happens when you combine Pixie Stix, modeling glue, too much time, and overwhelming curiosity? Well, it's not as scary as you might think. Look - I made art!

Does this guy look familiar? He's woolly, my mascot! And he's made entirely out of Pixie Stix powder!

Here are some pictures of his creation. It was a fun process of sketching, then smearing glue, then sprinkling piles and piles of color-coded Pixie dust all over the paper...a cat walking through the whole thing...and then shaking off the excess candy. I wish I could tell you that the resulting portrait smelled fruity and sweet...but it just smells like glue. Trust me I keep sniffing it thinking it might fruiten up.


In addition to woolly's portrait, I made a Woolly the Blog logo - also made entirely out of Pixie Stix powder. In fact, I added it as a permanent fixture on this blog, so look for it at the very bottom of the page!

Anyway, it's not like I was going to eat more of those decade-old Pixie Stix after nearly needing to have my stomach pumped just after New Year's. And I couldn't just let them go to waste! Now my Pixie Stix will be immortalized forever in art!

No comments: