Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Behold, the Amazing Self-Watering Plant!

Ladies and gentleman, I have quite a treat for you - what you see below is the world's first self-watering plant! Ooh at its intrigue, Aah at its wonder!



I give you - Fred the Kalanchoe plant!

Ok, so this plant actually comes from my basement - currently a dark pit of construction mayhem. It has a quiet little life under a functioning plant light where it gets watered, maybe every 2-3 weeks. Well, it hasn't been watered in about 3 weeks now, and lo and behold - the freakin' thing is flooded. Yes, it's water. (I did a smell test). No, it didn't come from pipes above, spillage from elsewhere, leakage from anything. No other surfaces around it are wet (dust is still settled around it), and nearby plants are still desert-dry. Just me and my husband in our house - so it cannot be anyone else.


Oh, the mystery! I'll post an update soon to see if the flood subsides.

No comments: