Saturday, April 5, 2008

Cheesecake Mania

Everything keeps coming up Golden Girls this week. First I posted the movie casting question below. Then I keep catching all sorts of amazing episodes (remember the one when Rose decides not to have sex with Miles anymore?). And then I see a constellation of Sophia in the night sky.

Ok, maybe that last one didn't happen.

But to round out this Golden Girlicious week I've had, I thought I'd post one more little tidbit. Here is a very amusing little guest star appearance. Can you identify which Elvis below (attending as guests at Sophia's botched wedding) is a famous Hollywood personality?



I'll give you a hint: He's the "young Elvis" in the back row with the white jacket. Can you guess who he is now??


Ok, time's up. Here's the answer:


I guess Mr. Tarantino was a little starved for work in the 80s. Yikes. I cannot believe that some producer somewhere said, "Hey that guy - you know, 'Elvis #5' Golden Girls last night? - yeah, I want to give THAT GUY a pile of my money to make a movie!". All in all, it's a miracle "Kill Bill" ever got made. Thank Jebus.

If it makes him feel any better though, the big voice talent behind The Simpsons wasn't having a much better year.

No comments: