Monday, June 2, 2008

What a Week! Recap

Boy, I've sure been missing the boat on posts lately. But so much to do, so much to see - I've got to learn to take more time and blog about the roses. So since this week has been a terrifying fun cavalcade of insanity, I thought I'd recap it neatly for you in one post:

Day One - Trees come down in my yard. It's like some kind of testosterone-packed chainsaw massacre that laid waste to my yard, in every positive way possible. I cheered heartily - especially when the giant Ash tree toppled like a mighty giant. Sometimes nothing puts you in a better mood than carnal destruction!

Day Two - Found places in my yard to stuff 28 wheelbarrow loads of wood chips like Mr. Bean spitting steak tartar down a violinist's pants.

Day Three - Saw picture of these men, and nearly choked on my Twizzler Bits:
Yes, they're wearing thongs on their faces during a robbery in Colorado. Nice going, rednecks!

Day Four - Realized my flats of marigolds died before I could plant them, all because I got distracted, decided I needed to inflate my pancakey basketball, spent all night looking for the pump, and then remembered that I don't like playing basketball anymore. It's too "movey".

Day Five - Still high from the Lost finale, went out to dinner at Outback Steakhouse, and had more than a few Wallaby Darneds, compliments of the bastahds at Hanson's Windows.

Also, Rachael Ray apparently wears a scarf that has little hidden subliminal swastikas sewn into the fabric...or something like that. Fox News chick is angry and yelling racist things. I tuned out.

Day Six - Lost badly at Mario Kart. Stupid tequila.

Day Seven - Bought a ginkgo tree which I pray will grow to look a little like the Baobabs in "The Little Prince".

And Kelsey Grammer has a heart attack. So I'm forced to repeatedly watch the video of him falling off that stage over and over. Still funny. But probably not good for his heart.

No comments: