Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Amazing Sleep-Standing Baby!

I have a secret to tell you. This isn't the first blog post I've done about this. I've been cheating on you. I already posted this on my other blog, http://www.woollymom.com/. I'm sorry. I never take you out to dinner or tell you how pretty you are anymore. And that's my fault.
But I have to share this with you anyway. I adore my crazy baby girl who refuses to nap unless absoultely forced - except on boats, apparently.

For Father's Day we went out on my Father-in-Law's pontoon boat and spent some time cruising around the lake. My baby girl loved it for the first trip - sticking her tongue out and licking the wind. Then the second time out, she was past her naptime so I knew she might get sleepy.

I just had no idea when my husband leaned her up against the armrest on the boat, that the second the boat engine started, she'd be out. And I mean OUT.

While standing up.



Seriously, she is sound asleep in both of these pics



Eventually we tipped her over so she slept on her back for the rest of the trip. And she never noticed she had moved. If only I could learn to sleep like that!

No comments: